Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Choosing Joy

Ah! So, yes, I am lonely. I miss the community of Bethany like I never thought I would. However, I have let that loneliness define me over the last few days, but it is not my definition! Where have I set my eyes? Definitely not on the Lord. But last night I read this verse and have let it remind me of on whom my gaze needs to be locked: "Those who look to Him are radiant with joy; their faces will never be ashamed" Psalm 34:5. When my eyes are on the Lord I will have the joy that yesterday I did not possess. God has given me abundant life, so why should I live as if all the world is falling apart? Even though my circumstances have changed, my God's character has not. My role is to properly respond to His character in all situations; that is the heartbeat of the Christian life.

So here I am, choosing to praise Him because He is GOOD, and His promises will never fail me.

Rejoicing again,

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment