Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cutting the Ties that Bind

Lately I've been finding myself dissatisfied with the world. Things that previously brought me joy and temporary contentment now hold little or no attraction. Desires I used to pine after I now find in myself little yearning for. I believe the Lord is cutting the ties of things that bind me to this world in preparation for the life He is calling me to. If my heart is bound to lovely earthly possessions, then saying goodbye to all my heart's treasures in order to follow the Lord as a missionary wherever He calls me to will be much more difficult.

With a heart that is not bound to things on earth, I will be much more willing to go where He sends me without fighting for my rights and meaningless possessions. Though a beautiful thing, it is not easy to be freed from bonds; the world, which did not accept me before, finds me even less acceptable, and even fellow brothers and sisters in Christ do not fully understand. Too many Christians are caught so deep in the attractions of the world, and it makes no sense to them why I would give up things that seem so normal to life. Praise the Lord He has not called me to an ordinary life like the rest of the world leads; I would be so discontent.

My hope is anchored in the Age to come....

1 comment:

  1. Really awesome! This is good stuff Julie! Thanks for writing it encourages me to hear others put their thoughts into words! You are a good writer! I also like the anchor(tattoo)ed in the age to come!

    ReplyDelete