Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Seasons

I love quiet mornings. The mubaan is a peaceful place early in the day, contrary to the bustling main road just up the street. The birds in Thailand sing very sweet songs; they remind me of Springtime in Erie, PA. Chiang Mai, however, has skipped spring and gone directly to summer. Today's 100* temperatures and dry air will testify to the lack of spring, though it is still only March, and the world is still more brown than green after three months without rain.

In only nine months I will return to the states and live a very different life from what I am accustomed to here. I daily miss my family back home, and the family of friends I have at school, but I am not thrilled about going back to America. I love Thailand and really can't imagine living anywhere else right now. But the Lord takes us in and out of seasons and I will follow where He leads.

My heart has been in and out of seasons, too. Both dry and rainy, sunshiny and cloudy. How wonderful though that my God is faithful throughout them, and that because He is at my right hand I will never be shaken. I'm holding tight to His hand and learning how to rejoice in the midst of difficulty, looking at His face instead of at the trials that attempt to consume me. “For I am convinced that I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and courageous. Wait for the Lord.” (Psalm 27:13-14) Therein lies my hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment