Saturday, August 27, 2011

Let's Slow Things Down

For a brief moment this afternoon while I was doing some house cleaning, I was carried back about 7 years to a slower time in my life. Fifteen years old, a sophomore in high school, taught at home by my very loving and attentive mother--those were good days. My sisters and I would have all been home, unmarried, childless (ok, so only one of us is married and a mom!), busy with only our small lives, and for the most part, happy. I am not longing for those days again; I would be very happy to stay away from the 10th grade and a heart that only half belonged to the Lord. But today I wished for a slower day like those used to be. At this time in life, my little sister, if she is not in class, is locked away in her room to study her nursing books; my older sister is learning the great art of motherhood, and I am moving to Thailand in two weeks. Life never stops. Sometimes I wish we could just slow it down for a while....


Here's some cool news though....


..... I got my visa for Thailand in the mail today. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment