Saturday, June 9, 2012

Prayer Fuel

Interested in a little prayer material? I'm a missionary, and missionaries always need prayer. :) I love to pray the scripture, and have been praying these verses in particular for myself this past week. Please pray them for me as well.

Eph. 6:19, 20 "Pray also for me, that the message may be given to me when I open my mouth to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel... Pray that I might be bold enough in Him to speak as I should."

It encourages me that the apostle Paul was asking this for himself. It's easy to think that sharing the message of the gospel was a piece of cake for him, when really that's probably not the case.

Isaiah 50:4 "The Lord God has given me the tongue of those who are instructed to know how to sustain the weary with a word."

So often I feel like I lack the proper words to say in my line of work (what do you say to prostituted women??), and would like wisdom to know what they need to hear. I want to have the words of the Spirit to sustain them, not my own.

Proverbs 4:23 "Guard your heart above all else, for it is the source of life."

My heart is quick to fly to anything that appeals to it; I need help in guarding my heart above all else.

The prayers of a righteous person avail much (James 5:16). So never doubt the power of your prayers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment