Saturday, August 23, 2014

reflections from a tired heart

I’ve been home five days now. They’ve been busy days, cloudy days, tired days. I’m worn out from wearing too many hats. I’m worn out from confusion, frustration. I want to curl up in bed and sleep away the tiredness, the feeling in my chest that I can’t get enough air.


I thought that when I got to Thailand it would feel like I had come home. It didn’t. Then I thought that when I got back to Minnesota it would feel like I had come home. It still didn’t.  Home isn’t here, and while there have been times in life when I have understood that, now isn’t one of those times. Isn’t it odd how sometimes we forget lessons we’ve already learned? I feel like I’m in a constant state of relearning, and for once I just want to have arrived…

No comments:

Post a Comment