Sunday, September 25, 2011

Little Adventures

Tonight I went to a local Thai church service established in a coffee shop near the Chiang Mai University. The service was entirely in Thai, save the few times a friendly farung (foreigner) would translate a phrase or two (but usually only instructions). I loved it! True, I didn't understand 98% of what was spoken, but it was an awesome adventure, and one I would gladly experience again. When we worshiped, our voices rose in our mother tongues--many voices, two languages, one song--all praising the Creator. It was beautiful.

I made friends too! My first Thai friends. :)

And tomorrow I start my Thai language class. Praise Jesus. Pray for grace!

1 comment:

  1. It's so wonderful to follow your adventures and see what God is doing in & through you!

    Good luck in language class!

    ReplyDelete