Wednesday, November 23, 2011

In Everything Give Thanks

Tonight the house smells spicy. Pumpkin pies are (slowly!) baking in the toaster oven after two of my teammates and I decided that we couldn't have Thanksgiving without pies. We went on a wild goose chase through the grocery stores to find the necessary ingredients, but tomorrow we will Lord-willing be eating both pumpkin and apple pies (my first time making them!). It is my first Thanksgiving away from home, but the Lord has been gracious to me. Although I miss my family and long for them, I am so excited to have the experience of sharing a Thanksgiving meal with 9 of my wonderful friends in Thailand.

We are all coming together to make this meal possible (and spending way more money than we anticipated!), and are equally excited about this day to give thanks for the many blessings that the Lord has faithfully and lavishly given.

A short list of things I am thankful for tonight, Thanksgiving Eve:

  • my Thai friends
  • fresh flowers from my good friend at the market
  • the way the Lord has blessed my relationships with locals
  • a wonderful, loving, supportive team
  • Daddy Richard who speaks to me the words of the Father
  • the ability to buy food to make an American Thanksgiving meal
  • my family back home who is fully supportive of me and the call the Lord has placed on me
  • the people who do not forget me before the Lord, interceding on my behalf
  • cold season (so I sweat a little less)
  • grace to learn this overwhelming language
  • my baby niece
  • my sister Heather who encourages me daily
  • Jesus' work for me on the cross--did you know, it is finished!?
  • sanctification
  • MERCY
  • challenging situations (and people) that push me to grow in intimacy with the Savior and to love as He loves
  • every spiritual blessing
  • the ability to love and feel deeply
  • my wonderful, abundant life (yeah... that one just kinda sums up everything :))

Ok, so the short list became kinda long. But honestly, once you start being thankful, it's hard to stop. I hope that you find yourself having the same problem. :)

Go under his ever abiding, all encompassing mercy,

Jules


1 comment:

  1. Awww! You are SO right. Once you start making a thank-you list its just so hard to stop! It's a sure cure to any amount of grumbling or sadness your heart may feel. And I know that the praise it sends to heaven is a sweet smelling aroma to our Father. So thankful for you Jules. Love you with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete