Sunday, February 26, 2012

Grey Hairs and Twitching Eyes

I can’t decide if I’m stressed or simply getting old, but whatever it is, symptoms are rapidly increasing! For the last two months I’ve been pulling out grey (actually, more like white) hairs weekly. You have to be kidding me, that at not quite twenty-three I’m already starting to go grey!? Not okay. And besides that, my left eye has been twitching on and off for more than a week now. That is usually a sign of stress for me, but I haven’t felt stressed in the usual way. Normally it’s when I have too much to do and not enough time to do it that a twitch becomes a normal part of my day or week.

This time around, I feel it is more emotional stress than anything which would bring about such a symptom. Daily battles against Satan’s lies and within my own heart have been wearing me down. When the battle in my heart increases, I don’t give the time and energy to fighting Satan, and then he starts to win. Something has to go… I’m just not entirely sure what, or how.

I need wisdom. And grace. And rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment