Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tonight

The city was hazy today. It has not rained for too long; the air hung heavy with pollution. All day the sunshine was milky, and tonight as I drove home the city lights were muted. Even the outline of Doi Suthep, usually dark against the sky, was invisible, and the temple lights were dim--clouded. Only the stars, rising higher than the haze, shone as bright as ever, boasting in their height in the heavens.


Some nights I throw open my windows to gaze out over the sleeping city and revel in the beauty of the stars. On nights like this one, when all is still and silent, I know God loves me as lighted lanterns suddenly rise in the eastern sky, dancing in formation. I don't know what the occasion is, except that God knows how much I adore that sight and wanted to bless me.


It is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment