Monday, May 14, 2012

Resting between His Shoulders

Last Saturday I spent all day hanging out with my new favorite boys in Thailand. What do you do on a blazing hot Saturday in Thailand with three boys? That was my question, and it was soon answered by a trip to a local pool to cool off. While we waited for the 'baby' as we like to call him to wake up from his nap so we could head out to swim, I shared a precious moment with my little buddy, N. It started out as a tickle fight, and as soon as I wore this 8 year old out, he climbed onto my back and I began to walk back and forth through the house with him clinging tightly to me. I must have crossed the house a few hundred times, because he hung on to me for a solid 30 minutes at least, contentedly resting his head on my shoulders. While I walked I prayed over this darling boy, that his heart would be soft to the Lord.

I soon thought of Deuteronomy 33:12 which says, "Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him, for He shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders." Just as N rested between my shoulders, allowing me to carry him and be strong for him while he was tired, so also the beloved of the Lord rests between His shoulders in their moments of weariness, and the Lord carries them. This became my prayer for N, and continues to be so.

May you know the Lord's strength and desire to be your shield today. Rest in Him, because He loves you and has never called you to walk alone: "Behold I am with you always..." (Matthew 28:20).

resting with my buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment